I've been in grad school since summer of 2009. It has been a stressful ordeal, but everything seemed to be going well until last semester. I decided to take 3 classes with working full time and pretty much shot myself in the foot with that. My GPA dropped to 2.81 and my financial aid got suspended because it was no longer at a 3.0. They gave me the opportunity to appeal that suspension which I found out a couple of weeks ago that my appeal was denied. So, I have to pay for this semester out of pocket. Thankfully, I have the money to do that because of my previous financial aid packages, but that extra money would have helped with staying afloat with my share of the bills.
So far, everything has been going okay. I had a phone appointment with my advisor today and if I raise my GPA to a 3.0 after this semester, pass my ASL proficiency test, AND pass the D/HH PLACE test then I am on track to student teach next semester. Unfortunately, I found out that I might not be able to do it at the school I work at. I talked with Sara (one of the teachers I work with) and she is trying to make it so I will be able to do it there, so we'll see what happens.
I'm a little worried about passing everything with pretty much flying colors, but I think I can do it. I may not be able to hang out with friends much until after December 5th so I can concentrate soley on school.
So, I am hoping by this time next year, I will have my own classroom, no more homework to do after work, and be able to have a life again.
No comments:
Post a Comment